When looking for any new job, you need to be equipped with the perfect resume document to give yourself the best chance of landing an interview. When looking for a new Amazon Shift Manager position, a perfect resume is a must. Fear not though, you have come to the perfect place.
Take a look through a few of our Amazon Shift Manager resume samples to give yourself an idea of what potential employers expect to see and how best to list your information.
With our resume samples and the detailed resume write-up guideline below, you will have everything you need to create the perfect interview-winning resume document for an Amazon Shift Manager.
21 Amazon Shift Manager Resume Examples
(Free resume sample downloads are at the bottom of this page)
Amazon Shift Manager Resume Writing Guide
- Contact information
- Profile Summary
- Work History
- Skill Section
- Certification & Licensing
- Extras: Languages/Awards/Publications/Volunteering/hobbies
- > Professional information
1. Contact information
- First Name and Last Name
- Physical Address
- Telephone number
- LinkedIn Profile
What to Highlight in an Amazon Shift Manager Resume
Amazon Shift Managers are responsible for the oversight of all storage and shipping logistics about distribution centers. They are given duties such as scheduling, coordinating, warehouse management, inventory, and maintenance.
However, no matter your duties and experience, every hiring manager needs to see several specific areas in an applicant’s resume.
Firstly, you need to outline the type of facilities you have previously worked in concerning the number of employees, and the floor size. Furthermore, you need to state the working cycles this distribution center required of you and how you could cope with your given hours.
Secondly, highlight the industry and sector you worked in. For example, was the company private, public, or government-run. You are required to highlight the specific industry you worked in.
Examples include, but are not limited to, academic institutions, construction, major supermarkets, armed forces, distribution firms, or wholesale companies. For extra credibility, mention the SIC codes.
Thirdly, mention your employment type and your availability. For example, do you wish to be permanently employed at one facility, or do you prefer to spend time at various facilities within the company throughout the week?
Alternatively, outline if you wish to work in a freelance capacity as a third-party distributor. Remember to include your specific strong suits and the specific discipline you are most comfortable completing.
Lastly, the purpose of your position or the scope of your job. Divide your explanations into sub paragraphs discussing the main tasks you are responsible for:
- Assessing inventory levels: Highlight the software you use to track stock levels and the procurement practices you implement when inventory levels are running low. In warehousing, overstocking pose a great challenge. Show off your quick thinking and ability to cope with such problems by finding alternative storage facilities to stock overflow.
- Quality Controlling: Highlight the processes you implement to examine materials or goods to check for correct quantities and how you conduct spot checks for defects. Mention whether you are tasked with inspecting tools and equipment to ensure that the facility remains in pristine condition.
- Receiving and sending shipments: Highlight your ability to manage the unloading and loading of shipments, the creation of shipment schedules, and how you apply quality control to ensure that correct pallets are being loaded or unloaded from a shipment.
- Overseeing safety and security procedures: Here, you can spotlight your leadership skills showing that you are responsible for enforcing safety and security measures. Mention asps such as OHSA complications and industry regulations and how you would take responsibility when an incident occurs.
- Staff Management: Effective team management is an essential part of an Amazon Shift Manager's role. Highlight your leadership skills in terms of organizing teams and inspiring employees, as well as functions relating to task allocation, performance management, recruitment, and career development.
- Client and Stakeholder Liaison: As an Amazon Shift Manager, the buck stops with you regarding client and supplier/vendor relations. Provide examples regarding your negotiation skills, conflict management, and how you generally make sure that customers receive excellent service at all times.
Amazon Shift Manager Resume Summary & Objective
Potential employers, hiring managers, and recruiters are all very busy people with little time to waste. When a resume is put in front of them, your resume will be tossed aside if the information they are looking for is not easy to find. To avoid this, we have the perfect solution, a perfectly written career summary.
A career synopsis is a short paragraph between 5-6 lines in length that is situated at the very top of your resume and acts as an introduction to your resume. The beauty of a career summary is that it highlights your most impressive information and allows the reader to form a clear idea of what they can expect to see in your resume.
When choosing between a career summary and a career objective, you simply need to look at your years of experience. If you have more than 24 months of experience, use a career summary as it allows you to highlight your years in the field. If you are starting out with minimal experience, a career objective is the better choice. Instead of highlighting experience, a career objective allows you to highlight your career goals and aspirations.
Amazon Shift Manager Summary 1
“Highly innovative and effective Amazon Shift Manager specializing in distribution and logistics. Adept in quality assurance, facility management, labor management, and data tracking automation for mega distribution facilities. Proven track record of facilitating effective management practices and inspirational leadership. Holds an Advanced Amazon Shift Manager Certification and currently completing a Master’s in Business Administration.“
Amazon Shift Manager Summary 2
“Dynamic Amazon Shift Manager with 11 years of experience in consumer goods distribution centers coupled with on point leadership skills, Expert with JIT, 5Sand Kanban methods to the last letter and fluent in Spanish, English, and German. Completed a Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain and Logistics Fundamentals and currently pursuing a Ph.D. in Transport Economics.“
Amazon Shift Manager Summary 3
“Tenured Amazon Shift Manager with 15 years of experience in coordinating transportation, inventories, storage, materials, procurement, and general warehouse operations. Holds a zero-error rate for all shipping uploads resulting in a 99.2% vendor satisfaction score. Spearheading distribution center automation and materials management applications increasing collaboration between departments and global facilities. Holds a Bachelor's Degree in Logistics Management.“
Amazon Shift Manager Summary 4
“Energetic warehouse supervisor with eight years of experience. Skilled in stock management and Lean inventory management. Seeking to contribute to efficiency at PepsiCo. At PID Specialty Foods, supervised eight team members in a 36,500 square foot warehouse. Trained 130 employees in Lean stock management and saved $53,000 a year in wasted storage and searching costs.“
Amazon Shift Manager Employment History
Throughout this guide, we will highlight the importance of becoming familiar with the job description. Think of it as the cheat sheet you are allowed to use. Before writing any section, read through the job description and outline the specific information the employer is looking for. This will allow you to tailor your information to reflect exactly what the employer is looking for and allow you to appear as the perfect candidate.
Your employment history section is one of the more important sections of your resume and one that needs to be completed correctly. Firstly, list your information in reverse chronological order to allow your most recent experience to be viewed first.
Now, list the job title you held, the name of the company you worked for, and the dates you were employed at that company. Next, provide a short description of what you were required to do, and end with 4-5 bullet points highlighting your most impressive responsibilities.
See the examples:
Shift Manager at Amazon
March 2018 – Current
Maintained compliance with the CCC Act, IRS CTR laws, and departmental and company policies and procedures. Handled and resolved complex customer problems, complaints, and inquiries.
- Experienced in developing strategic partnerships using effective leadership and motivational skills. Developed strategies to reduce expenses and communicated results to Senior Management.
- Processed wire transfers, foreign currency, credit applications, and bank/travelers' checks.
- Prepared monthly and quarterly cash/chip requirement forecasts and performed budget variance analysis.
- Responsible for completing monthly audits, analyzing financial metrics, and supporting the Director of Finance with the monitoring and analysis of the annual budget and forecast.
- Supervised a staff of approximately 27-35 employees with proven experience leading a team to meet individual and team customer satisfaction goals.
Amazon Shift Manager at Amazon Distribution Head Quarters
July 2013 – January 2018
Led new hire orientations, trained new employees, and was responsible for adhering to disciplinary actions, resolving grievances, and terminations.
- Monitored employee performance by conducting evaluations daily to ensure efficient and effective procedures were being completed.
- Ensured operational productivity goals were met by prioritizing assignments, problem-solving, and directing the workforce in an ever-changing warehouse environment.
- Attended daily meetings with Senior Management and the General Managers to report all productivity, attendance, and daily operations.
Amazon Shift Manager Job Descriptions, Responsibilities, and Duties
The information you include and how you list this information can be the difference between an interview landing resume and a cast aside resume. Below we have outlined several examples to show you how best to list information to make a positive impact on the reader.
Remember, your goal is to stand out from other applicants and make the reader to want to read on. Including irrelevant information will hinder your chance of doing either.
An Amazon Shift Manager may:
- Developing and maintaining effective local working relationships within the framework of the company’s procedure agreements and policies.
- Assists the Distribution Centre Manager with policy admissions and practices regarding worker performance and to employee relations in partnership with Human Resources.
- Find smart but simple, and innovative ways to improve work for the benefit of our customers and an improved budget.
- Manage direct workers through the PMS system, setting targets and monitoring key objectives in the set timeline.
- Manage the depot hiring as authorized by the Depot General Manager.
- Provide information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, written form, e-mail, or person.
- Manage the use of temporary employees through close monitoring, briefing, and motivation to ensure performance criteria are met.
- Work with employees to create strong working relationships and high morale while performing administrative duties related to the production process.
- Work with managers to understand and present weekly and monthly KPI, UPH, and CPU numbers to the management team.
- Evaluate associate performance in conjunction with associate's plans, to challenge their potential.
- Communicate daily with other Shift Managers and Weekend Shift Managers to coordinate work schedules and handoffs.
- Supervise all hourly staff and Seasonal Supervisory staff, providing work direction, performance reviews, and coaching to team members.
- Communicate daily with other Shipping Leads to coordinate and allocate work schedules and priorities.
- Establish performance goals and objectives with the Area Manager.
- Analyze productivity reports that assist with managing performance.
- Improve employee performance by coaching, motivating, training, and leading by example.
- Manage employees' use through close monitoring, briefing, and motivation to ensure performance criteria are met.
- Control and manage vehicle upkeep and driving hour regulations.
- Ensure that both driving and warehouse teams are adequately trained and performing in line with their job KPI’s, compliant with company health and safety policies such as manual handling and fire evacuating procedures.
Highlight Your Accomplishments
Accomplishment statements are a vital aspect of a successful Amazon Shift Manager Resume because it shows off the positive contributions you have made that improved the company’s performance.
Think about what you do that sets you apart from others and times where your unique skills, qualities, and experience have benefited the company. Remember, you must add quantification; otherwise, your statements are meaningless, and the reader cannot compare you to other applicants.
Creating a quantified accomplishment statement is simple if you keep the below information in mind:
- Feature: What have you done that distinguishes you? What are you most proud of?
- Benefit: How did you add value for the company with your projects?
- Proof: Provide quantification by adding time frames, percentages, numbers, metrics, scores, or dollar values:
Examples without quantification
- Responsible for overseeing a distribution center that services local shipping companies.
- Implemented continuous improvement practices by using Kaizen and Kanban methods resulting in gains in production and delivery.
- Redesigned the facility workflow layout using Lean Six Sigma and Kaizen principles, resulting in decreased loading and unloading timeframes.
- Saved the company fines by writing updated safety policies and procedures within ten days to be submitted before the regulatory ISO deadline.
- Improved productivity via accurate forecasting, streamlined scheduling, and effective profit/loss management by using innovative warehouse automation systems.
- Reduced warehouse inventory shrinkage and wastage over the previous financial year.
Examples with quantification
- Responsible for overseeing a 165,000 square feet distribution center which services ten local shipping companies managing a team of over 60 employees.
- Implemented continuous improvement practices by using Kaizen and Kanban methods resulting in 53% improvement in production and delivery efficiency.
- Redesigned the facility workflow layout using Lean Six Sigma or Kaizen principles resulting in a 13% decrease in loading and unloading timeframes.
- Saved the company $52 000 in potential fines by writing updated safety policies and procedures within ten days to be submitted before the regulatory ISO Health deadline.
- Improved productivity gains by 19% via accurate forecasting, streamlined scheduling, and effective profit/loss management by using innovative warehouse automation systems.
- Reduced warehouse inventory shrinkage and wastage by 42% over the previous financial year.
Amazon Shift Manager Education Section
Your education section is one of the essential parts of your Amazon Shift Manager Resume and should be given the time of day it deserves. Here you need to list your formal credentials, certifications, and training programs relevant to your field of work that showcase your in-depth foundational knowledge.
Recruiters pay close attention to your academic credentials as it shows them whether you are passionate about continuous development and aim to do more than just exist within a company. Remember, display both theoretical and practical knowledge gained during your career.
Keep the listing simple – date completed, qualification name, institution attended, and location of the institution. You may beef it up by including course curriculums, results obtained, or training hours accumulated.
Example of an Amazon Shift Manager Resume's education:
2020 – Current Ph.D. in Supply Chain Management, California University, Orange County, CA
2017 – 2019 – Masters in Transport Economics, University of Indiana, Bloomington, IN
Major Subjects: Logistics and Transportation Management
2016 – CSCP (Certified Supply Chain Professional), APICS, Chicago, IL.
2015 – Certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM), APICS, San Fransico, CA.
2012 – 2014 – Bachelor’s Degree In Business Administration, Jefferson Community and Technical College, Louisville, KY
- Category Management
- Legal and Contractual
- Supplier Relationship Management
- Cost and Price Management
- Financial Analysis
2011 – Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Certification, American Association for Quality (ASQ), Milwaukee, WI.
2010 – Certified Professional in Supply Chain Management, Institute for Supply Management, Tempe, AZ.
- Supply Chain Strategy
- Sales and Operations Planning
- Quality Management
- Logistics and Material Management
- Project Management
- Leadership and Business Acumen
- Systems Capability and Technology
- Risk and Compliance
- Corporate Social Responsibility
Amazon Shift Manager Resume Skills
Amazon Shift Managers must have a strong combination of hard technical skills and soft interpersonal skills.
Technical skills show off your physical capabilities, while soft skills highlight your ability to be an effective team player. Remember to read through the job description to outline the specific skills and qualities the employer is looking for.
This section aims to prove that you have what it takes to be an effective member of the Amazon team.
When listing your skills, we recommend that you stay away from space-consuming bullet points and opt for a skills matrix table. A skill matric table allows you to list your information in a visually pleasing, easy-to-read, and space-efficient manner. See the examples below:
|Collaborating with shippers and materials handlers||Logistics|
|Lean inventory management||Warehouse Management Software (WMS)|
Interpersonal Skills (swap words around)
|Sound Judgement||Time Management|
|Process Management||Stress Tolerant|
Qualifications/Certifications associated with Amazon Shift Managers
|APICS Certified Supply Chain Professional certification (CSCP)||SOLE Certified Professional Logistician (CPL)||Masters in Transport Economics|
|NCMA Certified Professional Contract Manager (CPCM)||ISM Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM)||Kanban Professional|
|APICS Supply Chain Operations Reference (SCOR-P) Endorsement||Diploma in Warehouse Management||APICS Certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM)|
|Bachelor’s Degree in supply chain management||Warehousing and Opera Certifications||Master’s in business administration|
Extra Sections on an Amazon Shift Manager Resume
If you are looking for a final section to really seal the deal and land yourself an interview, the optional extras section is where this can be achieved. Adding other extra sections to your resume can make a difference, but ensure that the information you include is relevant
Examples of the extra section include:
- Commendations from management
- Sporting habits
- Additional Languages
- Licenses and Certifications (5S, 6 Sigma)
Professional information of Amazon Shift Managers
Sectors: Logistics, Distribution, eCommerce, Shipping, Medical Services & Solutions, Storage, Consumer Goods, Packaging
Career Type: Transport Management Project Management Warehouse Management, Process Management Staff Management, Project Management, Logistics Management, Staff Management,
Person type: Controller , Facilitator Manager, Leader, Motivator, Reviewer, Implementer, Planner,
Education levels: Post School Diplomas andBachelor's Degree and upwards
Salary indication: Average of $ 58 555 per annum (Glassdoor)
Labor market: 11% growth between 2019 – 2029 (Zippia)
Organizations: Amazon Facilities, Warehouses, and Distribution Centres