To get started in hospitality, it's important to have an understanding of the job and hospitality industry itself. If you do, an impressive Food and Beverage Attendant resume sample will help you to make it quickly from the job application phase to an interview.
The importance of a good resume can make a big difference in time spent trying to land interviews. We will help you out.
A Food and Beverage Attendant Resume includes maybe more elements than you expect to be necessary. An attention-grabbing objective and for example adopting keywords in your resume can be a few of those handy tips.
Whether you are new to the industry or already have experience, with this Food and Beverage Attendant Resume sample (7x!) and tips you must be able to improve your resume and land your new job!
What you can read in this article
Food and Beverage Attendant Resumes
Or download these examples in PDF at the bottom of this page for free
The F&B Attendant Resume Guide
1. Contact Information:
- You need to be contactable via social media, too, therefore include Messenger, Whatsapp, Facebook, and Twitter details.
1 – 3 sentences giving a broad overview of your profession, years of experience in the industry, and specific areas of specialty (ex. Fine dining, French cuisine, etc.)
3. Skills Summary/Key Skills:
List of key skills that you possess that are also found in the job posting
4. Employment History:
Showcase your past places of employment and include a list of your daily responsibilities. If you are new to the restaurant industry, you can add other employment (Sales, Customer Service Agent, etc.) to show you have work experience. If you have been in the industry for a while, only include your food service experience.
5. Education/Licenses/Certifications/Relevant Coursework/Training:
List any training classes, food service certifications, and relevant workshops that you have received. It is not necessary to have any kind of diploma or education to work in the food service industry.
Optional- If you know how to speak multiple languages, include what languages you know and your level of proficiency. This is especially important when looking for work in a cosmopolitan city.
The Career Objective
Yes, you should write a Food and Beverage Resume Objective. Your objective should instantly and positively engage the reader to convince him/her that the rest of your resume is worth reading. The objective statement is essential and one of the first elements of your resume. Take your time to write a proper resume objective that gets your resume the attention it deserves. If you eventually are after the position of Restaurant Manager, list that.
Objective Sample with Experience:
“Enthusiastic Food and Beverage Attendant who is well-known for local and federal food handling laws. With two years of experience in different jobs. With extensive knowledge of seasonal and local dishes and specialties. Skilled in preparing banquets and its continuous presentation. Always ensures that food preparation and presentation areas are clean and above standard. Experienced in hotel conference and a la carte dining at events.“
Objective Sample Without experience:
“To obtain a challenging and responsible position as a Food and Beverage Attendant within an organization that will utilize my skills, talent, experience, and education. As well offers a growth opportunity at the start of my career“
Skills for a Food and Beverage Attendant
There are essential skills and traits that a job-seeking should state when they are looking for a Food and Beverage Attendant position:
- Skilled in speaking with the public in a professional manner
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Math Skills
- Ability to efficiently and prioritize tasks
- Professional telephone manners
- Ability to resolve customer disputes calmly and professionally
Most Food and Beverage positions have basic requirements and usually are very much alike. You maybe are aware that any Food Attendant job will come with other duties and responsibilities. A new employer will prefer these skills on your resume. So if you possess any of them, make sure to list them! Either list them as work experience or otherwise in your skill section.
When it comes to working in hospitality, soft skills are more important than practical skills. When customers (guests) are coming to a restaurant, they are looking for a comfortable and inviting atmosphere. If they don’t feel welcomed, it doesn’t matter how good the food is. To show employers that you have the soft skills they are looking for, try to incorporate these into your profile, key skills, and cover letter sections:
- Food Safety
- Food Service
- Food preparation
- Wine pairing
- Customer service
Employers have high expectations that must be met; they expect all our employees to be customer-focused, creating a relaxed, fun environment for everyone to enjoy while maintaining high standards of professionalism. Highlighting your attention to personal care should be prioritized on your resume.
To help you out we created some of the responsibilities of Food and Beverage Attendants we found during our career:
Job Description Examples
- Provided excellent customer service.
- Relayed and prepared food and beverage orders using safe food-handling techniques
- Maintained, stocked, and displayed food according to company policy.
- Maintained refrigerator temperature logs.
- Worked in a fast-paced environment waiting tables and simultaneously tending bar
- Cleaned and sanitized workstation and equipment
- Performed opening and closing duties as required
- Demonstrated accuracy in cashiering, cash handling, and credit card processing
- Operated and balanced a cash register, stocked shelves, and utilized FPOS
- Responsible for checking and recording register balance at the close of business
- Answered telephone inquiries, referred callers to dietary possibilities
- Restocked Storage areas, replenished items on shelves
- Received inventory, and provided food and beverage supplies
- Hired, trained and scheduled all operational staff
- Cash handled; authorizes credit charges, balanced register, issue receipts, refunds, credits, or change due
Food and Beverage Attendant Resume Downloads
Action Verb for your Resume
Application Tracking Software
When you are applying for larger companies such as Holiday Inn, Hilton or other large and small hospitality companies; the chances are high your resume will be scanned by Application Tracking Software (ATS). If that is the case, you want to check for the job listings requirement and make sure you include at least several of the relevant keywords in your resume. Also, smaller companies may be using such ATS software. Even though you use this resume sample, we recommend studying keywords from the job listing carefully.