On the hunt for a Locksmith position? We help you write an impressive resume more easily. Our Locksmith Resume Guide uses resume examples of professionals. Samples per resume section help you get inspired with writing your new, professional, resume!
Let's get started!
Locksmith Resume Examples
The Locksmith Resume Writing Guide:
What to Highlight
No matter how long you have been working as a Locksmith, there are a few key things that employers need to know about your background and skills.
The first thing to highlight is your level of seniority. In your summary and in your position titles, make sure to include if you were a Locksmith Apprentice, a Locksmith, or a Locksmith Supervisor. Your summary is also a great place to point out if you have taken any relevant Locksmith certifications or training programs.
The next thing to identify is the types of environments you have worked in. Some common ones might be for an automobile company like AAA, a school or university, or a brick-and-mortar home repair shop like Home Depot.
The type of environment you have worked in should be pointed out in both your summary and under each position description.
Lastly, you need to highlight the types of locks you are familiar with. This includes cylindrical, mortise and rim, reload cylinder, and unit locks. You also include any other areas of specialty, including safes, ADA openers, or electronic access control systems.
1. Contact Information:
Name, Address, Phone Number, Email, Driver's license
1 – 3 sentences giving a broad overview of your background, years of experience in the industry, environments you have worked in, and areas of specialty.
3. Employment History:
Showcase your employment history and include a list of your daily responsibilities.
4. Education/ Certifications/ Coursework/ Training:
It is not necessary to have any type of academic degree to be a Locksmith, but if you have one, add it to this section. This is also the right place to list relevant training, courses, or certifications you have taken.
5. Key Skills:
List of key skills that you possess.
Depending on where you live, it could be beneficial to know different languages, especially if you live in a cosmopolitan city. If you speak more than one language, add it in addition to your level of proficiency here.
Example Job Descriptions, Duties & responsibilities
No matter how long you have been a Locksmith, try incorporating these responsibilities into your employment history resume section:
- Performing routine lock and maintenance work
- Installing, maintaining, and repairing different types of building locks including cylindrical, unit, mortise and rim, and reload cylinders
- Replacing and repairing panic hardware, door closures, ADA openers, file cabinets, safety deposit boxes, and similar fixtures and containers
- Using hand and power tools to perform repairs
- Coordinating schedules with clients to complete onsite repairs
- Cutting and duplicating keys
- Estimating the cost of materials and labor for a project
- Maintaining a master key system
- Documenting repairs and maintaining electronic or paper files and records
- Monitoring the distribution of keys
- Operating picks, slim jims, and other devices for the purpose of opening locks
Quantifying Your Job Experience
Employers love numbers because it makes your experience feel more tangible. When writing your resume, if you can answer the questions, “How much?” or “How many?”, you should include that number on your resume. For instance:
- How many repeat customers did you have?
- How long did it take you to respond to an onsite customer call?
- How many types of locks do you have experience with?
The Importance of Soft Skills
When it comes to Locksmiths, soft skills are just as important as technical skills. You often have to deal with upset or frustrated customers and make sure that they have a pleasant experience, no matter what the situation is. To show employers that you have the soft skills they are looking for, try to incorporate these into your profile, key skills, and cover letter sections:
Locksmith Resume Downloads MS Word
For the Microsoft Word file download:
> Locksmith Resume Sample Chronological-Word.docx