When you are seeking a job as a Sales Support Associate, it is essential to first check out a top-notch Sales Support Associate resume sample. You want to make sure your resume stands out from the rest by being both informative and compelling to read without bombarding the recruiter or hiring manager with irrelevant information.
Remember that a Sales Support Associate job can also be advertised as a Sales Administrator or a Sales Coordinator.
How you create a resume into an interview-winning document, will be easier with our: How to make a Resume Guideline for Sales Support Associate Roles?
Sales Support Associate Resume Sample
Sales Support Associate Resume Writing Guide
1. Contact Information: Name, Address, Phone Number, Email.
Be sure to include alternative contact channels, as well as your LinkedIn profile or Facebook URL details.
2. Profile Summary: This introduction to your resume must make an impact on the reader. Include a broad overview of your background, years of industry experience and the industry sectors of interest. You should be specific and state which job you are applying to (1-3 sentences max).
3. Qualifications Summary: Provide accurate details about the certifications and qualifications you have completed with the institution, qualification name, and dates. Don’t forget to include qualifications you are currently completing too. For some Sales Support Associate roles, a degree at Bachelors or Associates level is required especially if you are in the field of Financial Services or Advertising and Marketing. For many others, no formal qualification apart from a high school diploma is needed, but the short courses, workshops, and in-house training you have received should then be listed to provide more credibility to your resume.
4. Relevant Sales Support Experience: Clearly state your employment history from giving details regarding the last ten years of experience up until your current position. Use concise sentences with bullet points to list your most important support activities. Sales Support Associates jobs are available in a wide range of industries, but the purpose remains the same: carrying out a support function via specific administrative duties which helps the sales department to run optimally. These include inbound calls, inputting orders into an operating system, troubleshooting customer problems and providing clerical support. You'll need energy and a can-do attitude to process high volumes of customer inquiries and sales. Also mention the industry sector, for example, financial services, banking, advertising, information technology services construction, electronics or telecommunications.
5. Other Employment Experience: This will include permanent work history outside of direct sales support but still in the customer service environment or temporary and vocational jobs where you were actively dealing with clients or customers. Only elaborate on these with job descriptions if you have less than five years of sales support experience. Otherwise, list job title, company, and duration as to make sure there are no gaps in your employment history.
6. Skills Summary/Key Skills: Incorporates keywords from the job posting and your specific skill set. This adds much-needed credibility to your resume.
7. Education/Licenses/Certifications/Relevant Coursework/Training: Start with your formal degrees and post-school diplomas or accreditations. List any professional development courses, workshops or programs you completed that better prepared you to work in a supportive role such as business administration, invoicing systems, customer relationship management, collaboration tools, and contact center software.
What to Highlight in a Sales Support Associate Resume
Regardless of your experience as a Sales Support Associate, there are a few vital things that recruiters and managers need to know about you to ensure that you are the right fit for their team.
The first aspect to highlight is the scope of your administration duties, for instance, the size of the sales team you offer support to. For more regulated industries like banking, insurance or even medical device manufacturing you may be required to mention whether your department deals with individual customers, institutional clients, government contracts or even with international customers.
Next, explain your methods of client communication and how you would provide customer feedback to the sales team. Some Sales Support Associate duties also include customer relations on various social media platforms like Facebook and Twitter so be sure to mention your previous experience on these sites in a professional capacity.
A further task in a Sales Support Associate’s role is that of document administration which may entail KPI’s such as compiling proposals, making contact lists, setting up appointments for the sales consultant and distributing client forms, legal contracts and service level agreements to relevant parties when a deal is finalized.
A sales support associate’s role often includes duties related to logistics, purchasing, ordering cycles and extensive liaison with vendors and suppliers.
Finally, a crucial part of a sales support associate’s job is that of feedback. You need to include the feedback mechanisms you are familiar with for instance CRM software, bulk emailing tools (InContact), and automated texting applications (RingCentral).
*Cool Tip for a stellar resume
You can really create an excellent first impression by breaking your job description down into the main responsibility areas of a Sales Support Associate.
Customer Liaison: Contact existing and new customers to provide product information booklets and book product demonstrations, provide feedback on orders and deliveries
Marketing Support: Organize the logistics around road shows, trade demonstrations and exhibitions for consultants. Liaise with graphic designers and printers to collect promotional materials
Administration: Create documentation for proposals, presentations quotations, price estimations, credit or contract terms, warranties, and delivery dates.
Queries: Answer customers' questions about products, prices, availability, product uses, and payment terms
After Sales Service: Consult with clients after sales or contract signings to resolve problems and to provide continuous support.
Make sure to include the following details
- Your GPA score if you have completed a bachelor or associates degree (if higher than 3.5)
- Also mention the sales administration platforms and customer relationship management (CRM) platforms you are familiar with like Sage, SalesForce, SAP, Oracle, and Vanguard.
- If you are competent in another language like Spanish, Mandarin or French, for instance, be sure to highlight these especially if the company you are applying to trades internationally
- As a final point, list examples of the main products, or product ranges of service solutions that your sales department is focused on.
Sales Support Associate Career Summary Examples
Sales managers are usually the hiring decision makers regarding sales support staff. Sales is a busy and pressurized field. Therefor your resume will probably only have 6 seconds to make an impression on the manager. Keep your career summary concise and to the point. Add the most relevant information first to capture their attention while they’re quickly scanning your resume. They want to see immediately that you are the administrative ‘’angel’’ sent to create order among the chaos in their sales department!
Start your career summary with your years of experience in the industry and the primary duties you performed. Use the job description as your guide when deciding on which tasks to add. The more your resume relates to the job description of keywords, the better fit you will seem.
Next, add a line that showcases any outstanding qualities that will add value to the company. A hiring manager would be interested to know if you have “strong administrative skills, an eye for detail, excellent people skills with a flair for time management and prioritization.” It’s important to note that these qualities should be proven with examples in the professional experience section to re-enforce your message.
Finally, end your summary with your educational degrees/diplomas and any certified courses or professional memberships you may have that are pertinent to the job in for instance Financial Services or Insurance Sales.
Two Examples of different career summaries:
‘Junior Sales Support Associate with two years of’ experience in an IT Tech sales division. Passionate team player with solid organizational skills and the ability to handle administration on large scale projects. Quick to learn with outstanding communication skills and proficiency on a variety of project management applications such as MS Project, Wrike, Workzone and Hive'
‘Senior Sales Support Associate with seven years’ experience in an international sales office servicing Europe and Asia. Multi-Tasker with a strong sense of detail and the ability to prioritize between urgent vs. important client issues. Energetic with an excellent work ethic driven by deadlines and team targets. Extensive tenure in the planning, coordination, and support of operational activities within a sales department.'
Job Descriptions, Responsibilities and Duty Examples
Sales Support Specialists assist the sales department and act as the liaison between the sales department and other internal divisions like warehousing, finance, and marketing. They are often the single point of contact for clients and suppliers. Herewith a few examples of Sales Support Associate tasks and duties.
A Sales Support Associate in Financial Services may:
- Serve as the first point of contact with digital consumers for queries regarding investment, retirement and insurance plans
- Work closely with sales staff to facilitate a strong understanding of various production options and differentiators to use in the personalized services provided to customers
- Respond to initial digital inquiries from new customers and refer leads to sales consultants
- Liaise with existing customers towards the end of their contract plans to assist with plan renewals, cancellations or plan switches
- Schedule appointments for sales consultants
- Enter all communication into the CRM system
- Follow up with prospects who do not respond to initial email responses
- Compile data and reports regarding inquiry conversions and performance related to digital leads
A Sales Support Associate in the Engineering/Manufacturing industry may:
- Answer inbound calls and process requests made via email or social media
- Process orders, by capturing information onto the computer system
- Update customer accounts with relevant purchasing and order information
- Logging all data, order numbers and docket forms regarding shipping and product deliveries
- Inform sales consultants of any issues which may affect the customer, for instance, shipping delays, out of stock merchandise or unexpected supplier price increases
- Handle customer queries and complaints and escalate to sales manager where needed
- Maintain and update customer records
A Sales Support Associate in Marketing or Advertising industry may:
- Prepare draft presentations and other marketing materials required for prospective clients, working closely with sales team members
- Organize timelines with the graphic design department regarding promotional material concept designs and printing of finalized documents.
- Maintain prospective client database and update existing client files
- Create spreadsheets to monitor and keep track of tracking marketing events, inventories, corporate gift purchases and request for proposals (RFPs)
- Assist in organizing the participation of sales staff in workshops, seminars, and other training initiatives.
Highlight Your Accomplishments
You may be tempted to copy and paste the list of duties you performed under your accomplishment section. The drawback to doing this, though, is that you won’t stand out from the other applicants with similar experience
Your goal is to think about what sets you apart, what you are most proud of, or what you achieved in your previous roles. Now communicate these through action-packed statements that grab the reader’s attention.
Flat, Simple Duty:
- Add new clients to the CRM system and update information of existing clients
- Add on average 50 client leads to the CRM system per week and update existing customer data every two months
Quantifying Your Resume
When writing your resume, if you can answer the questions, “How often?” or “How many?” It would be best if you tried to include that number. For instance:
- How many customer queries do you attend to daily?
- How many new orders do you process per week?
- How often do you create proposal documentation?
Answer over 40 inbound customer calls per day and resolve 90% of queries within 24 hours.
Supplement sales activities by collecting and analyzing industry information regarding competitor products and compile onto excel spreadsheets once a quarter
Sales Support Associate Education Section Example
Even though a sales support associate job does not generally require a Bachelor or Associates degree, you can still make an impact in this section by adding courses, diplomas or even in-house training workshops you have completed during your career. In short, indicate What, Where and When regarding your qualifications, certifications or industry licenses obtained. The name of your qualification, institution, and date of completion is more than sufficient. If you do have an Associates or Bachelor’s Degree feel free to include major subjects or course curriculum topics.
Education may be listed as follows:
Start with commencement date and completion date for diplomas, associate degrees, and bachelor degrees. For courses, you can just list the date of completion. Next comes the full name of the qualification, then the full name of the institution and then the City or abbreviated State name. List your high school diploma details similarly, but only include this when you have less than five years of working experience.
Here are some examples for a Sales Support Associate Resume
2014 – Certified Administrative Professional (CAP), International Association of Administrative Professionals, Kansas City, MO
2012-2013 Sales Administration Course, American Advertising Association, IN
2011- High School Diploma, Atlanta Girls College, GA
If you have less than five years’ experience, you may also add your majors, minors, GPA scores and accolades, and honors awards
2016-2018 Bachelor Degree in Business Administration, University of Manhattan, NY
Majors: Business Management, Marketing Management
Minors: Communications, Accounting, Economics
Accolades: Deans Honors List
What to Write in a Sales Support Associate Resume Skills Section
Although the sales field requires specific technical skills, employers also consider soft skills. These are the personality traits or skills that indicate to your fit as a Sales Support Associate who will add value by meeting set out targets, has adequate knowledge, and sufficient experience to engage and attract customers. Incorporate these into your summary, or profile, and into your accomplishment statements.
Technical Skills Examples
Educational Attainment: A university degree is not generally required to become a Sales Support Associate unless you are in a graduate programme or in-service training for 12 to 18 months to attain the required industry knowledge before moving into another role. However, numerous courses and certifications are available through the International Association of Administrative Professionals to supplement your skills and experience.
Technical Aptitude: Sales Support Associates need excellent written and oral communication skills with a strong focus on customer service. Problem-solving ability coupled with a high level of detail orientation to read reports, analyze pricing data for discrepancies and anticipates issues like out of stock products, shipping delays or supplier delays. There is a strong focus on customer service. A solid grasp of various communication, CRM and administration platforms is also required here.
Other Technical Skills: Call Centre Tools, Research Platforms, Industry Directories, Industry Publications, Social Media, Proposal Creation Applications, Online Quotation Generators, Cloud-Based Collaboration Platforms, CRM Systems, Report Generation Software, Feedback Mechanisms, Booking Systems
Soft Skill Examples
- Detail Orientated
- Dead Line Driven
- Hard Working
- Social Perceptiveness
- Service Orientation
- Problem Solving
- Process Driven
- Time Management
Qualifications/Certifications associated with Sales Support Associates
|Bachelor of Sales & Marketing||Certified Administration Professional||GED|
|Associate Degree in Business Administration||Professional Development Course in Sales and Marketing||SalesForce Super User|
|Project Management Diploma||ICM Certification in Sales & Marketing||High School Diploma|
Action Verbs for your Sales Support Associate Resume
Download your Sales Support Associate Resume Example in PDF
> Resume Sales Support Associate .pdf (0) | > Resume Sales Support Associate .pdf (1)
Professional Information for Sales Support Asociates
Career Type: Sales Administration, Client Liaison, Supplier Liaison, Business Administration, Client Relations, Sales Coordination
Person type: Supporter, Administrator, Coordinator, Link
Education levels: High School Diploma to Bachelors’ Degree
Salary indication: From $32k to $43k
Labor market: Estimated 10% growth between 2016 – 2026