Last Updated on January 29, 2020
A resume represents you as a professional and a workforce member. Needless to say, you have to put much effort in order to stand out. One of the most popular searches online is the ‘different types of skills for resume’. Thus, in this article, we have created a guide on these types of skills.
When thinking of skills to list on a resume skills section, keep in mind that there could be a few different types of skills:
2. Transferable. Such a list helps to describe how you deal with people (negotiations) or big amounts of data (analytical mindset).
3. Adaptive. Here you can include something like reliability or productivity.
After you brainstormed the list of skills, divide your qualifications into two groups: hard and soft skills.
What to include in hard skills?
Hard skills describe the specific knowledge and competence required to do your job. Below you can find a list of typical hard skills used by applicants:
- SEO Copywriting
- UX/UI Design
- Software Architecture
What to include in soft skills?
Soft skills are also known as personal or social skills.
Use some of these:
- Ability to learn
Tips to make a list of skills for a resume
To help you describe your common skills, we have created a list of examples to guide you.
Phrases to describe interpersonal and communication skills
- The ability to maintain long-term relationships with business partners and customers.
- Foster communication between team members to provide updates on the project.
- Ability to neutralize conflicts effectively.
Phrases to describe leadership and management skills
- Helping colleagues to follow their personal development plans, supporting their career growth.
- Having strong problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Great organizational skills to regulate people, processes, and events.
Phrases to describe technical/computer skills
- Expert in Spreadsheets like Google Excel. Can create macros and organize large amounts of data.
- A proficiency level of organizing the environment and setting up workflows for working teams in Jira Atlassian.
- Basic knowledge of photo editing tools such as Photoshop. Able to edit materials for blog posts and publications in social media.
Phrases that specify language skills
Write either basic, conversational, proficient, or fluent to describe your language competency.
Phrases that define analytical thinking and expertise in research
- Ability to identify key points.
- Implemented the technology of machine learning and predictive analytics.
- Trendwatching for defining a strategic vector of development and new business opportunities.
Phrases that illustrate organizational skills
- Setting up schedules, appointments and meetings.
- Prioritizing workflow by getting the most important tasks completed first.
- Coordinating and executing internal and external events, meetings, and conferences.
- Keeping all project documentation structured.
You can rely on resume writing or cover letter writing companies if you need help in creating your resume from scratch.
Takeaway to start editing the skills section of resume
The skills section plays a crucial factor in deciding whether you are invited to an interview or not.
Now that you are fully equipped with the relevant knowledge and are familiar with the algorithms of successful resume summary writing. Remember that you have to be attentive and logical on your resume, and proofread it multiple times in order to avoid unnecessary mistakes and typos. Once you’ve done this, you can jumpstart your job search right away. Good luck!