Are you seeking a new bartending position? Then it is useful to first look at resume samples of other bartenders.
With hundreds of other bartenders looking for a new position daily, you need to make sure you have a winning resume, by being both informative and intriguing.
12 Creative Bartender Resume Sample(s)
What to Highlight
Depending on how far along you are in your bartending career, you are going to want to highlight different things
For both beginner and seasoned bartenders, it is essential to identify the type of bar settings you have worked. For example, in a craft cocktail bar, a fine dining restaurant, or for special events. If you have worked in a restaurant, identify the type of restaurant. For example, casual dining or fine dining. If you aren’t sure what kind of restaurant you have worked in, you can review the breakdown below:
Casual Dining– Serves mid-range priced foods in a casual setting. Orders are taken at a table by a server. Casual dining restaurants typically have a full bar. Examples include TGI Friday’s, Cracker Barrel, and Olive Garden.
Fine Fining– Full-service restaurants with dedicated meal courses. Higher end décor and prices. Often have dress code rules, in addition to strict guidelines for bartenders and restaurant staff to follow.
Another important thing to highlight is what types of beverages you were serving. Employers want to know if you have made fresh craft cocktails or if you have just poured beer and wine.
Bartender Resume Sections
Name, Address, Phone Number, Email
1 – 3 sentences giving a broad overview of your profession, years of experience in the industry, and specific areas of specialty (ex. Wine pairings, craft cocktails, craft beer, etc.)
Skills Summary/Key Skills:
List of critical skills that you possess that you can also find in the job posting
Optional- If you know how to speak multiple languages, include what languages you know and your level of proficiency. Languages are especially important when looking for work in a cosmopolitan city.
Showcase your past places of employment and include a list of your daily responsibilities. If you are new to the restaurant industry, you can add other employment (ex. Server, Customer Service Agent, etc.) to show you have work experience. If you have been in the industry for a while, only include your bartending experience.
List any training classes, food service certifications, and relevant workshops that you have received. It is not necessary to have any diploma or education to work in the foodservice industry.
Bartender Job description Examples
Whether you are just starting your bartending career, or are a seasoned veteran, employers are expecting you to be familiar with the basics. To make sure your resume is what employers are looking for, try incorporating these job descriptions and responsibilities:
General bartender job descriptions
- Preparing alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages for patrons
- Mixing and serving drinks to our guests’ specific wishes
- Interacting with customers in a friendly and courteous manner
- Receives payments (cash or credit card) and hands change to customers
- Assessing customer’s preferences and needs and making the appropriate recommendations
- Checking customer’s ID to make sure they are of legal drinking age
- Entertains waiting for customers
- Complying with federal and state food and beverage regulations
- Communicating effectively with special care and other large group settings
- Conducts proper housekeeping to ensure the cleanliness of the bar area
- Taking and creating multiple drink orders at once including cocktail making
- Responsible for opening and closing of the establishment
- Performing in high-pace and pressured environment
- Maintaining full knowledge of the menu and promotions
- Worked diligently to assist co-workers when necessary
- Developing excellent customer relations
- Responsible for training new employees
Experienced bartender (3+ years)
- Creating new items to add to the bar menu
- Restocking and replenishing bar supplies and alcohol inventory
- Creating promotions and deals of the day
- Working with beverage suppliers to test and purchase new products
- Training new bartenders and facilitating shadow days
- Attended a weekly wine course to learn and promote our wine list
- Concocts new drinks from time to time
- Created marketing strategies, event planning and social and print media to increase sales
- Responsible for the bar, ensuring all cash is counted and deposited
- Track of sales and buying combined with fine-tuning of promotions
- Reporting daily and weekly sales reports to management
- Coordination of staff working schedule
- Mixing fresh ingredients to prepare cocktails
- Utilizing fresh ingredients to prepare craft cocktails per our menu’s specification
Bartender Resume Skill Examples
When it comes to bartending, soft skills are more important than practical skills.
Customers and guests come to a bar or restaurant, looking for a comfortable and inviting atmosphere. To show employers that you have the soft skills they are looking for, try to incorporate these into your profile, key skills, and cover letter sections:
|Communication||Inventory management||Customer service|
|Cash handling||Time management||POS Systems|
Common Bartender Certificates
- Food Handler
- TIPS Certified
- Driver’s Licence
- First Aid
- Introduction to Bartending
- Liquor Laws
Quantifying Your Successes
Employers love numbers because it makes your experience more tangible. When writing your resume, if you can answer the questions, “How much?” or “How many?”, you should try to include that number. For instance:
- How many customers did you serve per shift?
- What was your daily alcohol sales? Food sales?
- How many bartenders did you train?
Bartender Action Verbs
Never make your professional experience sound like a passive list of daily tasks. Instead, help potential employers envision you performing the job by using these bartender specific action verbs:
Related Cover Letters
Click here to download a bartender cover letter sample.
Bartender Resume Sample Downloads .PDF:
Bartender Resume Example 1.PDF | Bartender Resume Example 2.PDFBuild Your Resume
Bartender Resume Sample Download .DOCX:
Download: Andrew McKenzie, Bartender Resume Sample.docx