When you are on the hunt for a new IT QA Analyst role, it is important to check out examples of other IT QA Analyst resume samples. With hundreds of other QA Analysts looking for a new position every day, you want to make sure your resume stands out from the others by being both informative and intriguing.
12 IT QA Analyst Resume Sample(s) -2018 (Free Downloads
These IT Quality Assurance Analyst resume samples are made with Resume.io (for $2,95).
You can download these samples for free at the bottom of this page as an image and .PDF file.
What to Highlight in Your IT QA Analyst Resume
No matter how long you have been working as an IT QA Analyst, there are a few key things that employers need to know about your background and skills.
The first thing employers want to know is if you are familiar with manual testing, automated testing, or both. Make sure to also give an idea of the tools you have used for both automated and manual testing, as employers usually want you to have knowledge of the specific tech stack they are using.
Next thing to include is the type of software you have tested. In your summary, as well as in each position description, include whether you tested desktop, cloud, or mobile applications.
You also need to explain the types of testing you have done. This could include regression testing, black box testing, white box testing, and many others.
Lastly, you want to explain your experience writing test plans, test cases, and test scripts from scratch.
1. Contact Information: Name, Address, Phone Number, Email
2. Profile: 1 – 3 sentences giving a broad overview of your background, years of experience in the industry, the types of testing you have done (manual or automated), and the type of software you are familiar with testing.
3. Employment History: Showcase your employment history and include a list of your daily responsibilities.
4. Education/ Certifications/ Coursework/ Training: Although it is not necessary to have a degree to work as an IT QA Analyst, some employers look for at least a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field. Include your degree, as well as any additional certifications or training you have done here.
5. Key Skills: List of key skills that you possess that are also found in the job descriptions for the positions you are applying for.
Related Cover Letters
Download a good examples of a IT QA Analyst cover letter.
IT QA Analyst Responsibilities
No matter how long you have been an IT QA Analyst, try incorporating these responsibilities under your employment history:
- Writing test plans, test cases, and test scripts from scratch
- Writing custom SQL queries
- Flagging bugs and defects and relaying issues to the software engineers
- Validating that user expectations are achieved during the testing process
- Reviewing user requirement documents to ensure that requirements are testable
- Performing manual or automated testing on key pieces of software
- Conducting exploratory testing to evaluate the robustness and functionally of the software products
Quantifying Your Resume
Employers love numbers because it makes your experience feel more tangible. When writing your resume, if you can answer the questions, “How much?” or “How many?”, you should include that number in your resume. For instance:
- How many other QA analysts were on your team?
- How many years of experience do you have?
- How long did it take to test the software?
The Importance of Soft Skills
Fortunately, when it comes to IT QA Analysts, it is more important to have solid technical skills than it does to have soft skills. That being said, in today’s IT environment, more teams are moving towards an Agile/ Scrum approach which means you need to interact with your team members in a more regular and collaborative way. To show employers that you have the soft skills they are looking for, try to incorporate these into your profile, key skills, and cover letter sections:
Action Verbs for Your IT QA Analyst Resume
Never make your employment history sound like a passive list of tasks. Instead, help potential employers envision you performing the job at hand by using these IT QA Analyst specific action verbs:
Download these IT QA Analyst Resume Samples in .PDF for free
This IT Quality Assurance Analyst resume sample is made with Resume.io (for $2,95).